• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AHB900

AHB900
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Department/Station:None

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:04 PM

Hello everyone, I am currently in the process of becoming a LASD reserve deputy. My dad and four of my cousins are currently level 2 reserve deputies, and have been for about 6-8 years now. Here is where my question comes in, my dad is pretty close with all of these big guys at the department, and im just fearing that all my polygraph answers will somehow end up being told to him. Is there something that I signed which allows them to share this kind of information with my family members or am I protected against this in some way? It's not that I did anything wrong, but it's just information which I rather not have to discuss with my father. The reason im asking is, because my first polygraph came back inconclusive and knowing my dad he will go snooping around to see what went wrong. I am scheduled for a second polygraph in the next few days which I hope I pass, I just was unable to sit still.

While i am at it ill ask a second question. The reason I did not pass the polygraph the first time is, because, according to my tester, I was moving to much, but I got a call from my BI today and he asked me about this one question I changed my mind on when the polygraph examiner explained to me in detail. When I was being asked about the question I originally said No, because I felt this was way to dumb of a reason to even consider saying Yes, but then my examiner defined the meaning of the question to me, and I said okay just to be safe ill mention it and see what he thinks. Now what I did was definitely not a big deal, but I get the feeling my BI thinks its worse then what really happen, and i am having a hard time explaining to him what really happen. Now he wants me to write him a statement is this a problem?

Thank You

#2 marine_0311

marine_0311
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Department/Station:none

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:17 AM

Hello everyone, I am currently in the process of becoming a LASD reserve deputy. My dad and four of my cousins are currently level 2 reserve deputies, and have been for about 6-8 years now. Here is where my question comes in, my dad is pretty close with all of these big guys at the department, and im just fearing that all my polygraph answers will somehow end up being told to him. Is there something that I signed which allows them to share this kind of information with my family members or am I protected against this in some way? It's not that I did anything wrong, but it's just information which I rather not have to discuss with my father. The reason im asking is, because my first polygraph came back inconclusive and knowing my dad he will go snooping around to see what went wrong. I am scheduled for a second polygraph in the next few days which I hope I pass, I just was unable to sit still.

While i am at it ill ask a second question. The reason I did not pass the polygraph the first time is, because, according to my tester, I was moving to much, but I got a call from my BI today and he asked me about this one question I changed my mind on when the polygraph examiner explained to me in detail. When I was being asked about the question I originally said No, because I felt this was way to dumb of a reason to even consider saying Yes, but then my examiner defined the meaning of the question to me, and I said okay just to be safe ill mention it and see what he thinks. Now what I did was definitely not a big deal, but I get the feeling my BI thinks its worse then what really happen, and i am having a hard time explaining to him what really happen. Now he wants me to write him a statement is this a problem?

Thank You

In response to your first question, I think it is highly unlikely that information pertaining to your background will be shared with anyone not involved with your application with LASO. Sharing information like that in my opinion is unethical and most likely violates some privacy regulation within the Dept.
As to your second question. Any change in information revealed to the polygraph administer that is different from what you gave your BI is a very big NO-NO! BI's do not care much for surprises. During your Background interview it is important to be completely open, and to understand what your BI is asking. if in doubt, ask for clarification.
in regards to your situation, i would attempt to explain what happened and how there was a misunderstanding. Be apologetic for the misunderstanding, and hope for the best. The fact you are getting a second polygraph appointment is a good sign. Good luck.

#3 AHB900

AHB900
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:20 AM

Thank you for the reply. The reason I was worried they could say something is, because I remember signing something that said they have the right to do whatever they want wit the information I provide. As for the second part, the only reason I did not mention it during the first neeting is, because it was such a minor mishap whic happened over 6 years ago, and it just did not even pop into my mind I had complelty forgotten about it till I was talking to the polygraph examiner.

#4 marine_0311

marine_0311
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Department/Station:none

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

Thank you for the reply. The reason I was worried they could say something is, because I remember signing something that said they have the right to do whatever they want wit the information I provide. As for the second part, the only reason I did not mention it during the first neeting is, because it was such a minor mishap whic happened over 6 years ago, and it just did not even pop into my mind I had complelty forgotten about it till I was talking to the polygraph examiner.

I think you are ok. If it were a problem i dont think they would allow a second polygraph. It is my understanding a second polygraph is at BI discretion. Good luck.

#5 AHB900

AHB900
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

Thank You, I will keep the boards updated on my status.

#6 WONBYONE

WONBYONE
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Department/Station:Norwalk

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

Interested in any other recruits that may be attending the upcoming Reserves bureau call??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users